Saturday 2 December 2017

Love, is all I have.. In the memory of 'Popo' ( Written on 1/10/2017)

Absolutely two months ago (August , 2017 ) , one day , while returning from work , I found a baby pigeon in front of the main gate of my house. It appeared that it had fallen from somewhere during its trial for flying. I took the pigeon inside my house and kept it in the corridor in the ground floor and went upstairs. But somehow I couldn't relax since College Street area is full of rats and cats. I got scared if something happens to the baby bird. And , this is how I decided to keep that bird with me in my room. Every morning I used to give it to my mom for keeping it whole day with her and feed when required. I named that baby bird as 'Popo'. At night, Popo used to sleep with me in its cradle. After few days I discovered that Tyson and Popo has become friends too. I was happy until one day, after returning from work I got to know that Popo isn't there in my place anymore. My dad told me Popo wasn't well since morning and it fainted also. Hence, dad decided to keep Popo with other pigeons in a nearby dovecote. Hearing this I was tearful and scared if Popo is alive or not. I hoped and prayed to God for its health. Since then we have never seen it.
Today, while I was watching a movie on the television , my mom called out " See, a pigeon! " . I found Popo sitting on the edge of my window , looking at me and stretching its feathers. I was spellbound regarding the fact that how a bird can remember us so well even though it was a baby and finally make a move to find us out. I couldn't hold my tears , again!
Long back I've read somewhere, "all the love you have given will come back to you one day " . Today I realized, it does.

With Hope, a woman of this age,
Human Potpourri

1 comment: