Sunday 25 June 2017

Birthdays are special!

Birthdays are special. At least for me , I still feel excited when it comes to my birthday. Though it remind us how each year we are getting older , it also does remind us about how we have known about the world more, how we have known people more, how far we have realised who the real friends are , how far we have gone against all the hurdles and above all how much more we can opt for , dream for . Yes, life goes on and so do we. Time never stops for anyone. Not a single one of us. But still we celebrate the passage of time on our birthdays. It gives us an opportunity to cherish 'us'.
Well, if you're​ thinking about why I'm writing this post today as my birthday was last month , I should tell you about this College senior of mine ( who's post pushed me to post this ) . Teesta Di was my senior in bachelor's degree and master's , so ofcourse , it's a long time now that I know her. Yesterday was he birthday for which she came up with a lot of exciting Facebook posts , videos since last few days and we're still counting. No! I didn't bring her into this to say that I don't like all these. Rather, I loved it. It shows how much she loves herself , how much she is proud of her being in this world, how much she feels good about her existence. Not because it's she . Not because it's about a dear senior. But just because, the way she is showing excitement about her birthday, which I think is totally okay.

These days, I hear from a lot of people that they don't even remember their birthdays until somebody wishes them. Even I have Friends​ who does the same, lacking the excitement about their birthdays. They treat it like , it's just another day. I've heard people saying things like ' what's so exciting about birthday ? ' , ' what's the need for us to tell others about our birthdays ' , 'no body even cares when my birthday is , then why should I care ' and what not. Now , tell me, if you , yourself don't be happy about your existence , about the day when you were born , then how can you expect others to do that for you? 

N.B. - Loving yourself for who you are and being a narcissist is two different things. So, do reflect before you judge anyone. And, in case it's about narcissists , then, don't you think we all are that to some extent??


With a huge amount of selflove,
Human Potpourri

No comments:

Post a Comment